Thursday 30 October 2014

The Seasons



This is my entry for this months Challenge which is called 'The Seasons'

I created the backing card using a Clarity leaf stencil and laying down different colours with stencil brushes. On this I matted my main image using the boy and bird stamp but I only stamped the boy, I then drew in the lines and added the cut out coloured maple leafs to give the impression that he has been caught on the breeze. I toyed with the idea of adding the 'Autumn the year's last, loveliest smile' but decided less is more on this occasion.

Thanks for taking the time to look, I hope you like it and any feedback would be much appreciated. 

Hope to see you again soon. 

Crafty hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. What a great card Julie. I love how you've added the leaves to the boy stamp. Brilliant idea. Thank you for entering the Claritystamp Challenge. Good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea Julie - what a great card! Thanks for sharing, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, super idea, so lovely. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Julie as always. Like what you did with the leaves. best of luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it Jules. what a clever idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous Julie what a great idea xx thanks for entering and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your Top 5 pick Julie. Very well deserved. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma, your frame was well deserved too. xxx

      Delete
  8. Thank you for the lovely comments everyone xxx

    ReplyDelete