Tuesday 13 May 2014

Tarmac Technique

On a sunny Sunday morning in May, Amanda (my crafting partner in crime) and I went to a most fantastic workshop hosted by Karen Clare ( AKA The Clock Lady) to learn all about the Tarmac Technique.

Very different from anything I've done before, a thoroughly good day was had by everyone and the finished mirrors were all absolutely stunning.

Here is the my mirror, I was so pleased with what I had achieved and keep going and having a sneaky peak and still can't quite get over the fact that 'I made that'.



Thank you so much for the inspiration Karen and to everyone there for making it such a fabulous and fun day. 

Needless to say, I enjoyed myself so much I went to Ikea at the weekend and bought some mirrors so that I can do it again and again and again..............

Hope you like it, any comments would be gratefully received. 

Crafty hugs xx

8 comments:

  1. This is amazing, you should feel very proud xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so lovely to meet you and Amanda at long last Julie, although I feel I already knew you both so well.
    I'm thrilled you enjoyed the day and I think your frame is stunning, you did an awesome job!
    That weekend will stay with me for a very long time, I loved bring with you all and everyone is so talented.
    You're addicted now though! Lol
    Hope to see you again before too long.
    Lots of love
    Karen xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen and it was lovely to meet you too and you're right it does feel like we know each other well. I thoroughly enjoyed making the frame and shall certainly be making more, the day was great and all the frames were stunning and oh so different. It would be lovely to see each other again soon, maybe at Eileen's in June when Mandy and I come down to Kent.
      Lots of crafty hugs
      Julie xxx

      Delete
  3. oh julie snap. went to ikea today and got 3 mirrors so i can play. lovely to see you again xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours you used - it was a fabulous day wasn't it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Tam and yes it was a great day x

    ReplyDelete