Monday 28 April 2014

Monochrome - Not So Mellow Yellow



This is my entry for this months Claritystamp Challenge 14 which is called Monochrome, to produce a card or piece of artwork using varying shades of one colour only. 

Ingredients 

Geli plate card 7x7
Clarity Stencils, Chinese Lantern & Framer Shapes (circle).
Clarity Stamps, Joy Frame Kit & Remountable Journaling Stamp Set.
Wild Honey Distress Ink.
Cream scalloped edge base card.
Silk anemone flower and small paper flower 
Donnington Tendril die cuts from Memorybox

I haven't had much time over the last few months to do a lot of crafting but I still try to enter the Clarity blog Challenge if I can.  As there was no set theme on what stamps to use this month I decided to use the journaling set and also the Joy framing kit, both of which I haven't really used since buying them at the NEC. I started off by cutting a paper circle and laying a mask in the centre of my 7x7 Geli Plate card then brushing over the top of that using the Chinese Lantern stencil, I then added stamped images using the journaling set so that some fall behind the circle. I then removed the mask and stamped the centre image, all of this has been done using the Wild Honey DI. I just love the Clarity stencil brushes they are a real dream to work with. Finally, I distressed the edge slightly, matted it on a cream scalloped card and attached a flower which has been coloured with Wild Honey.

Thanks for taking the time to look, I hope you like it and any feedback would be much appreciated. 

I am also putting this into the Simon Says Monday Blog Challenge - Not So Mellow Yellow, more details at http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=1380

Hope to see you again soon. 

Crafty hugs xx

6 comments:

  1. Really love what you have done with the journalling set Julie - I finally opened my stamp pack yesterday, and might have a go at something similar today! Thanks for the inspiration. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful warm card Julie a lovely combination of stamps too! Wonderful work hun! xx

    Thank you for entering the Claritystamp Challenge, and good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card, really good layout too, not easy to do organized jumble, I think you have done it really well. Good luck in our Clarity Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, love the dimensional background and lovely stamping. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete