Saturday 29 March 2014

Claritystamp Challenge 13 - Flower Power


This is my entry for this months Challenge which is called Flower Power.

Ingredients 

Theuva card
Clarity Stamps, Large Blossom Branch, Small Blossom Branches, Blue Tits & Feeder, Large Blue Tit, words from Word Chain words. 
Garden Bird Mask
Black Soot Distress Ink.
Cloudy Blue Adirondack Ink.
Variety of Pro-marker & Spectrum Noir pens 
Cream scalloped edge base card.
Lilac card.

Spring is one of my favourite seasons and I just love it at the moment seeing all the daffodils, crocus and hyacinths in bloom and the trees in full blossom.  When I saw the new Blossom Branches on Create & Craft I knew that I wanted to use them to make a card from my Brothers and I for a very special lady indeed 'Our Mum'. I have also used the Blue Tits & Bird Feeder for that spring time feeling, are we really changing the clocks tonight?

I stamped the images on Theuva card using a black soot DI and coloured them in using a variety of Pro-marker and Spectrum Noir pens.  I used the 'Our' and 'Special' words from the new word chains and made up the word 'Mum' by partially inking up letters from other words. 

The background of the card has then had a light dusting over with the stencil brush using a cloudy blue Adirondack ink pad.

This was then matted and layered onto lilac card and a cream scalloped base card. 

My Brothers really like it and I know that Mum will too. 

Thanks for taking the time to look, I hope you like it and any feedback would be much appreciated. 

Hope to see you again soon. 

Crafty hugs xx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Julie, I love spring too, your card is fabulous and has a real happy spring feel to it...gorgeous composition and I bet your Mum loves it....a card to keep and treasure...thank you for entering our challenge....good luck....Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Jules! I bet that really cheered up your Mum xx Good luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely Julie, I have to get these stamps. I'm sure you Mum loved the card. Thanks for entering the challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the comments ladies and yes Mum did really like the card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card. Love all the birds on the feeder.

    ReplyDelete