Monday 27 January 2014

Claritystamp Challenge 11 - New Beginnings



This is my entry for this months Challenge which is called New Beginnings. 

Ingredients 

Centura pearl card
Clarity - Brick wall stencil
Acrylic paints
Black Versafine ink pad
Clarity Stamps, Lily, Rosie, Annabel, Large Sketched Lady, Feminine, Small Lamp Post, Letterbox Kit, Tag from Remountable Shapes, Wrought Iron Bench and the cat from the Birdhouse Kit. 
Black card
Theuva card
Distress inks, tumbled glass and antique linen
Variety of patterned paper
Wooden coffee stirrer 
Variety of Promarker pens 

As soon as I heard what this challenge was I had the idea of creating a shop window. It has been a bit of a labour of love as I was originally using a deep picture frame but the size was restricting what I wanted to do. That said, I'm glad I stuck with it and I'm really pleased with the end result.

The main card has been made using a piece of Centura pearl card which was cut and shaped. The brick wall was created using the stencil and two layers of paint, this was stippled rather than using the Geli plate as I wanted fairly clean lines around the edge. 

The window frames were created using black card and the corner window frame was made using a wooden coffee stirrer coloured with a black Promarker.

The figures were stamped on theuva card and coloured with Promarker pens and the dresses printed on a variety of patterned papers. The inside of the shop was stamped on theuva card and finally the shop was given its name and the SALE tags. 

Thanks for taking the time to look, I hope you like it and any feedback would be much appreciated. 

Hope to see you again soon. 

Crafty hugs xx




9 comments:

  1. That is fantastic Julie. I love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too. It's so different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. I am glad you stuck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabby idea - glad you stuck with it as its great xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic and so original...I too love it...thank you for sharing your work with us and for entering our Challenge....all the best...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a super idea. so creative. fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all the lovely comments and taking the time to look. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie, this is just wonderful, so inventive and beautiful to look at. Congratulations. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is ingenious!! Well done and thankyou for entering it into our Challenge.
    Good Luck

    ReplyDelete